Volunteer as a YCM Mediator
Mediators at Your Community Mediation (YCM) serve the communities of Yamhill and Tillamook Counties by aiding in conflict resolution between citizens. Our volunteers are the heart of YCM! They are the reason we are able to offer multiple services along with why YCM provides respectful, compassionate, and effective mediation to members of our communities.
Extensive training is offered, and required, of every mediator and anyone else interested in volunteering for YCM. If you are interested in joining our team, please contact us for further information!
– help groups work through conflict.
– assist in communicating issues clearly.
– support the resolution of misunderstandings.
– assist in creating solutions to disputes.
YOU should become a mediator because…
– it is a proactive way to serve your community.
– it teaches valuable communication skills that can be utilized in multiple areas of your life.
– it promotes compassion and empathy among community members.
– it is a direct form of contributing to the peace and prosperity of your local community.
Your Community Mediation (YCM) offers a Basic Mediation Training annually. The 32-hour training:
• satisfies State of Oregon requirements to become a community volunteer mediator
• provides ongoing continuing education opportunities
• includes supervised experience/mentorships help build skills and competence for YCM mediators